Ahhhh — It’s that time of the year again, time for spring cleaning.
Temperatures are rising, flowers are blooming, which means it’s the perfect time to give your job site the deep “spring cleaning” it’s been waiting for.
Let’s face it, taking the extra time to clean up after yourself and others can be a pain. Here at Hugg & Hall, part of our commitment to safety is ensuring our work areas are organized and clean at any given moment, always in compliance with OSHA standards.
Below we’ll go over the benefits of maintaining your job site, preventative measures to keep tidy year around, and tips for giving your site the 𝑺𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑪𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒏 it needs.
A Clean Job Site Has Its Benefits
It should be obvious that clean sites help minimize the potential of slip hazards, falling debris and unwanted guests like insects and vermin; but there are also many benefits to cleaning up that you may have never considered:
- Site cleanliness will decrease the number of wasted materials. With a proper organization system in place, workers will be more efficient not having to navigate through scattered debris and materials.
- Organization exudes professionalism and quality workmanship, which will greatly strengthen your reputation.
Also, we should never forget that a clean job site is a productive and profitable one. When employees are happy with their work environment, they are more likely to do the job to the best of their ability!
“Spring Clean” Isn’t Just A Season
Spring doesn’t have to be the only time of year you show your tools and equipment a little extra TLC, here are some preventative measures for keeping your workplace clean — all year around!
It’s a team effort
- Set up a housekeeping system that involves everyone on the team. Focus on the importance of cleaning and removing debris after it has been created and assign tasks to specific people to create accountability.
Keep waste properly contained
- Keeping a lid on waste, literally, is important– especially when the waste could spill, evaporate or smell. Containers and product drums should be sealed tightly and labeled with the proper safety requirements.
Eliminate the problem at the source
- The less waste that is created at the site, the less disposal and cleanup is necessary. Choose products with minimal packaging. Measure carefully so you order only the materials you need, in the optimal sizes.
Tidying Up Tips & Tricks:
- Regularly power wash equipment and work area after each use.
- Establish a regular cleaning schedule.
- Create an organization system for tools, equipment, and other stored items for easy access.
- Shop vacuums are a great way to easily dispose of loose materials such as dust.
- Keep dumpsters and trash cans easily accessible at all times.
- Section off or create signs for any area that may have insecure material.
If you establish a good housekeeping routine, clean up hassle will be a thing of the past!
|Subscribe to our email list for updates on new blogs, promotions & more!|
Hugg & Hall Equipment Company is a comprehensive equipment provider offering services and expertise in the rental, sales, parts and service markets. The company offers a wide variety of equipment options for rent and purchase, including: material handling equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.), heavy equipment, mobile elevating work platforms (boom lifts, scissor lifts), air compressors, generators and more. Hugg & Hall Equipment Company offers industry-leading equipment brands for purchase or rental, like: Toyota, Bobcat, Crown, Taylor, Doosan, JLG and others. With value-added services and a focus on their customers, Hugg & Hall Equipment Company is the one-stop shop for every construction and industrial equipment need.