History

Hugg & Hall Equipment Company was originally formed in Arkansas in 1956 as Lift Truck Sales & Service Corporation. The Company was a distributor for Clark Equipment Co., a manufacturer of industrial forklifts. In 1960, the company changed it’s name to Clarklift of Arkansas. Charles Hugg purchased the company in 1970, operating from two locations: Little Rock and Fort Smith. A company that started with only 22 employees has grown to become one of the largest in the South, operating out of thirteen locations with over 500 employees.

In July of 1990, John Hugg and Robert Hall bought Clarklift of Arkansas from Charles. In May of 1995, Clarklift acquired the stock of Hugg Equipment Company and began doing business as Hugg & Hall Equipment Company. In May of 2011, Hugg & Hall purchased Arkla Taylor, a dealer for Taylor Machine Works in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma.

In December of 2012, Hugg & Hall purchased Westquip, a dealer for Toyota Material Handling in central Oklahoma. Hugg & Hall Equipment Company is now one of the leading construction and industrial equipment provider in Arkansas, and Oklahoma. We distribute Toyota, Taylor, Crown, Bobcat, Doosan, Genie, JLG, Tennant, Columbia, and more.

In July of 2016 Hugg & Hall acquired RPM Services and Rental, headquartered in Houma, Louisiana with 2 other locations in Broussard, and Baton Rouge, LA. With this purchase Hugg & Hall grown to 13 locations across Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. The majority of its revenue was derived from the region’s onshore commercial and construction markets; other revenue is directly related to the offshore oil & gas industry that includes skid-mounted air compressors and tools for painting, blasting, coating, and other maintenance functions. The acquisition increased Hugg & Hall Equipment’s footprint to 13 stores across Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. 

Over 500 dedicated employees, 13 locations, 27 over-the-road delivery trucks, and 150 mobile service vehicles all providing you with valuable equipment solutions.